EURAO at HAM RADIO 2012: thank you all for your support
European Radio Amateurs' Organization was officially presented at the HAM RADIO fair this year with a great success and a very warm welcome.
A lot of visitors showed a high interest in our project: grouping alternative radio amateur associations and individuals from all over Europe, and beyond, with no limits, and willing to work together.
Thanks to all those that give us their support in some way. You are invited to know us a little bit better...
Milestones in the history of EURAO
Despite being so young, European Radio Amateurs' Organization already has a history behind that could be summarized as follows:
- 2005: F5RCS, Vincent, proposed the idea of creating an European association of radio amateurs for those (>60%) out of the only one existing internationally.
- 2009: the Promoters Committee was created by the first member associations, it operates like an assembly: one member, one vote; decissions taken by half plus one.
- 2010: starting EuroBureauQSL like a coordinated network of bureaus members run.
- 2011: first face to face Meeting, in Barcelona (Spain).
- 2012: official presentation at HAM RADIO, Friedrichshafen (Germany).
Come to be part of the history, share with us the next steps...
EuroBureauQSL: the EURAO's QSL Bureaus Network
The European Radio Amateurs' Organization, and its members, concerned about the growing problem of QSL cards not delivered to the addressees by some IARU member-societies, launch their own QSL Bureaus Network with the strong commitment to make available, whenever possible, to all radio amateurs their QSLs at no extra cost other than shipping and handling, without any kind of restriction.
Currently EBQ has entry points in: Argentina, Belgium, Chile, France, Greece, Portugal, Spain and Andorra, United Kingdom, Uruguay, Venezuela, ...