The European Radio Amateurs' Organization
announces a new party on the air, this time with the motto: "with a simple dipole".
Remember this is not a contest, it is just a radio meeting with a few simple 'rules', better to call them recommendations.
Purpose: Probably the easiest antenna to build, the dipole is made up of just two pieces of wire
cut to the appropriate length for the band to be used: a quarter wavelength on each side. More "sophisticated" versions may include
a balun, but it works also without it. In any case, its simplicity does not diminish the great satisfactions that it can produce,
quite the opposite. Try it and share with your colleagues, near or far away, and have fun.
Date & time: from February 20th and 21st, 2021, Saturday and Sunday, 00:00-24:00 UTC.
Bands & modes: all modes and frequencies of the HF bands. For more specific info, have a look to the
EURAO Frequency Guide (EFG).
Call: "CQ EURAO Party".
Exchange: because this is a QSO event, not a contest, you can talk about whatever you want, in any language,
and for as long as you like.
Here are some topic suggestions to get the conversation going: name, city, locator, weather, antennas, rigs, etc.
Also talk about QSL interchange. Tell the truth. Say "no, thanks" if you are not interested in QSL cards.
But if you would like to have a memory of your contact, feel free to use our EuroBureauQSL (see below).
Logs: for statistic purposes only, we ask participants to submit their logs to
email@example.com in ADIF format, where the filename should be your callsign (e.g. EA3RKF.ADI).
There will be no results or league tables, only statistical information about number of QSOs, countries, callsigns, OMs/YLs/Clubs, etc.
Certificate of Participation: for all those sending the log
and without a minimum of confirmed QSOs.
EuroBureauQSL: you can use it to interchange QSLs even if you are not member. In this case, just send the QSL
to the entry point in the country of the station you have contacted.
Amateur Radio News... (cont.)
This year, 9 May is on Sunday, but we will be active from Friday 7 until Sunday 9, the whole weekend,
with the special callsigns: AO1EU, AO2EU, AO3EU, AO4EU, AO5EU, AO6EU, AO7EU, AO8EU and AO9EU,
to commemorate the creation of the EU in 1950.
As usual, special QSL and Award will be available.
Contact also valid for the Radio Clubs of the World Award, EANET.
Follow the event through the hashtag: #eudota.
News in brief
- EU-DX Contest: February 6-7, 2021, organized by EUDXCC and sponsored by EURAO.
- World Radio Day 2021: February 12-14, SES on air:
AO1WRD, AO2WRD, AO3WRD, AO4WRD, AO5WRD, AO6WRD, AO7WRD, AO8WRD and AO9WRD.
- EUrope Day On The Air 2021: May 7-9, SES on air:
AO1EU, AO2EU, AO3EU, AO4EU, AO5EU, AO6EU, AO7EU, AO8EU and AO9EU.
EURAO Newsletter: issue dates
International QSL Service
EuroBureauQSL: entry points
- Argentina: LU1JHF - Casilla de Correos 66 - 3200 Concordia, ER
- Belgium: FRA - Jean-Marie T'Jaeckx - Perrebroekstraat 16 - B-9200 Dendermonde [web]
- France: Bureau QSL ANRPFD - Jacques Parmantier - 52, Rue Le Corbusier - F-42100 Saint-Étienne [web]
- India: VU2BK - MHRC - Brahma Kumaris, Shantivan Campus - Dist. Sirohi, 307510 Rajasthan [web]
- Ireland: EI9HQB - Paul Raftery - Ballybride - F42TK49 Roscommon
- Italy: IW2ETR - Paolo Fiorelli - Via Monsignor Danieli, 34 - 23017 Morbegno, SO [web]
- Panama: HP1RCP - Radio Club de Panamá - P.O. Box 0819-11334 - Panamá [web]
- Romania: YO9RIJ - Petrica Stolnicu - CP 12, Ghiseul 1, Buzau 7 - RO-120340 Buzau
- Russia: RN4HGK - OBSHHESTVO DRUZEJ RADIO - P.O. Box 44 - Tolyatti, Samarskaya oblast, 445050 [web]
- Spain and Andorra: EA3RKF - FEDI-EA - P.O. Box 3050 - E-08200 Sabadell (Barcelona) [web]
- Turkey: YM1KAA - TAMAD - Mimarsinan Mah., Cumhuriyet 2 cad. No 24 Büyükçekmece Etüt ve Sanat Merkezi (Eski Belediye Binasi) - Büyükçekmece/Istanbul [web]
- Uruguay: CX5A - Radiogrupo Sur - P.O. Box 950 - 11000 Montevideo [web]
- USA: W2EN - Douglas Rue - 21 Jeffrey Court - Somerville, NJ 08876
- Venezuela: YV4VV - Radio Club Valencia - P.O. Box 510 - 2001 Valencia, CA [web]