The European Radio Amateurs' Organization,
together with the Amateur Radio Portable Operators Club,
announce a new party on the air, this time with the motto: "have fun, go portable".
Remember this is not a contest, it is just a radio meeting with a few simple 'rules', better to call them recommendations.
Purpose: to promote portable operation in all its forms (mobile, bike, backpack, on a beach or on a mountaintop),
because it is fun and helpful, especially in emergency situations.
Also it is a good opportunity to meet other hams all over the world and share experiences with them. Of course SWLing is welcome too.
Date & time: June 20th and 21st, 2015, Saturday and Sunday, 00:00-24:00 UTC.
Bands & modes: these are the recommended modes/frequencies (+/-) for portable:
CW: 3.559, 7.029,5, 10.117,5, 14.059 and 18.081,5; SSB: 1.845, 3.791, 7.185,5, 14.342,5, 14.346, 18.117,5, 18.157,5,
21.437,5, 24.977,5 and 28.327,5 MHz.
Amateur Radio News... (cont.)
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) was founded in 1865.
For a century and a half, it has been at the center of advances in communications, including amateur radio service.
To commemorate this event, the Spanish EURAO member Federación Digital EA was on the air
last May 16 and 17 with the special station AO150ITU.
An special QSL card is also edited.
The activity was reported through the hashtag: #itu150.
About our members...
was founded in 2013 with two goals in mind: provide alternative communications in case of disaster and contribute to the benefit of mankind.
This member club is also in charge of the EuroBureauQSL entry point in India.<!br>
is a new ham association of Sardinia island (Italy), which recently become member club of EURAO.
Soon you will hear about all activities they are preparing.
News in brief
- Belgium EuroBureauQSL entry point: now has the new P.O. Box number: 393.
- 10 years of EURAO: in occasion of this celebration, in 2015 you will find on the air:
YP10EURAO station (February 2 - September 31) sponsored by Asociatia Radioclubul României
ON10EURAO (May 1 - June 30) by Vlaamse RadioAmateurs
AO10EURAO (June 15 - July 15) by Federación Digital EA
- International Workshop of Romanias Radioamateurs: June 25-27, 2015, organized by YO4BKM
within the Electronics, Computers and Artificial Intelligence international conference
sponsored by University of Pitesti.<!br>
- CISAR HF QRP Contest: June 28, 2015, 07:00-19:00 UTC, organized by the Taranto's section of
Centro Italiano di Sperimentazione ed Attività Radiantistiche.
EURAO Newsletter: issue dates
International QSL Service
EuroBureauQSL: entry points
- Argentina: LU1MA - CRC - P.O. Box 232 - 5500 Mendoza [web]
- Belgium: FRA - P.O. Box 393 - B-1000 Brussels 1 [web]
- Chile: CE3FED - FEDERACHI - P.O. Box 9570 - Santiago 21 [web]
- Costa Rica: TI2WMP - Waldyn Murillo Pérez - P.O. Box 117-1450 - 10601 San José [web]
- France: F8URC - URC - 162 rue Roger Salengro - F-62330 Isbergues [web]
- Germany: DL0AFC - AFCD - P.O. Box 300128 - D-50771 Koeln [web]
- Greece: HAG - 22, Kassandras Str. - GR-10447 Votanikos - Athens (Attika) [web]
- India: VU2BK - MHRC - Brahma Kumaris, Shantivan Campus - Dist. Sirohi, 307510 Rajasthan [web]
- Italy: IT9BCC - Nino Caracci - Via Campobello, 108 - 91022 Castelvetrano
- Luxembourg: LX1CC - Mill Reiff - 34, rue de la Résistance - L-3340 Huncherange
- Portugal: CT1TGM - TRGM - P.O. Box 497 - P-3001-906 Coimbra [web]
- Romania: YO9KYO - ARR - Str. Stelica Berechet, 23 - RO-087070 Comuna Daia, Judetul Giurgiu
- Spain and Andorra: EA3RKF - FEDI-EA - P.O. Box 3050 - E-08200 Sabadell (Barcelona) [web]
- Uruguay: CX3CCC - Radiogrupo Sur - P.O. Box 950 - 11000 Montevideo [web]
- USA: W2EN - Douglas Rue - 21 Jeffrey Court - Somerville, NJ 08876
- Venezuela: YY5PEZ - Bernardino Soares - P.O. Box 195, O.P.T. San Juan de los Morros - Estado Guarico - CP 2301