At the WGFM#86 meeting of
held on 17-21 October, 2016, in Bordeaux, France,
EURAO was working on adapting and improving
the ERC Report 32, about amateur radio novice licence, examination syllabus and certificate.
This report is intended to be a guideline for those national administrations with the aim to implement, in their own countries,
an amateur radio novice licence compatible with other ones.
The goal of EURAO was to smooth the updating of this report, to make things easier for novices,
which was only partially achieved. Anyway, the EURAO contribution was noted in the final result.
Another issue, very highlighted by media, was the progressive replacement of the term 'IARU' with
'international organisations representing amateur radio service licensees' in different CEPT Recommendations,
something caused by the appearance on the scene of EURAO a year ago, when a
LoU was signed.
This is the recognition of plurality and the willingness not to exclude anyone from being represented in the CEPT forum.
Let's go for others...
Amateur Radio News...
Assisting the school Asunción de Ntra. Sra., in Barcelona, Spain, in its challenge of contacting
ISS, was a real pleasure and a privilege for FEDI-EA members team.
See the children's face, the excitement of the teachers and the nerves of managers, parents and neighbors; surrounded by media,
interested in those 10 minutes, was priceless.
Thanks to the ARISS team who made the contact possible via telebridge: PE1KEH; KH6GJV and KE6UAY, operating ground
station W6SRJ from California, USA; and, of course, KE5HOD, the astronaut, aboard NA1SS.
Last September, members of CISAR, FEDI-EA, FRC and guifi.net met at
Barcelona University premises to talk about technical and financial details of this ambitious, multidisciplinary and multinational
project. It is not an easy one, but the work is worth it and goes on.
In the left picture: IW3IBG, EA3CIW and IW4ELL
after the meeting and before a restorative lunch. Mmm...
The so-called EANET Sprint Contest, for short, was held last November 6 for the sixth time.
Despite bad propagation, amusement was assured by a lot of enthusiasts who come every year to the call.
In radio club category the winners have been: EA5RCD, EA1RKS
and EA5RKJ; and in the radio amateur category: EA4FR, EA7YV
All of them will receive the deserved prizes before Christmas. Congratulations and hope to hear you next year!
Newsletter issue: 2016-12-01
EURAO, a CEPT stakeholder
Asociaciones miembro de EURAO
- CISAR: Centro Italiano di Sperimentazione ed Attività Radiantistiche (Italy)
- FEDI-EA: Federación Digital EA (Spain)
- VRA: Vlaamse RadioAmateurs (Belgium)
- UFRC: Union Francophone des Radio Clubs (Belgium)
- FeRaCat: Federació de Radioaficionats de Catalunya (Spain)
- RCL: Radioamador Clube de Loulé (Portugal)
- ARRLx: Associação de Radioamadores da Região de Lisboa (Portugal)
- LigaCBR: Liga Española de Asociaciones CB y Radioaficionados (Spain)
- RFDX: Romeo Foxtrot International DX Club (The Netherlands)
- NRSI: National Radio Society of Ireland
- 773RG: 773 Radio Group (Italy)
- AOT: Associazione Onda Telematica (Italy)
- ARLC: Associação de Radioamadores da Linha de Cascais (Portugal)
- ARS: Asociatia RadioStiinta (Romania)
, EI3IO and EA3CIW, working together at CEPT meeting in Bordeaux, France.