The European Radio Amateurs' Organization
announces a new party on the air, this time with the motto: "working on 80m and 40m bands".
Remember this is not a contest, it is just a radio meeting with a few simple 'rules', better to call them recommendations.
Purpose: The 80m and 40m bands, with a well-known behavior, are very popular and provide a lot of fun.
You can: experience the differences between day and night, at sunset or sunrise, with short range or long distances;
test different kinds of antennas, how height above the ground affects them; participate in nets, QSOs, etc.
Try everything you can but remember: the most important thing is that you have fun doing radio and meet other hams all over the world.
Of course also SWLing is welcome.
Date & time: September 19th and 20th, 2020, Saturday and Sunday, 00:00-24:00 UTC.
Bands & modes: you can find the recommended modes/frequencies for those bands in our
EURAO Frequency Guide. Don't forget novices also exist.
Call: "CQ EURAO Party".
Exchange: because this is a QSO event, not a contest, you can talk about whatever you want, in any language,
and for as long as you like.
Here are some topic suggestions to get the conversation going: name, city, locator, weather, antennas, rigs, etc.
Amateur Radio News... (cont.)
On November 8, from 08:00 to 12:00 UTC, it will be held the next edition of the "sprint contest" version
of the same name Award, devoted to the "Radio Clubs of the World".
In just four hours you can win original and funny prizes that you can share with your mate or friends: hotels, restaurants,
wellness or adventures.
Moreover, you will have the opportunity to contact those radio clubs you still needed to complete the EANET Award.
News in brief
- HO1SDC: on the air until September 13, 2020, on the occasion of Asturias Day (region of Spain) and its patron saint:
Santina de Covadonga. Sponsored by Radio Club de Panamá, HP1RCP.
- VRA Activity Day: October 17, 2020, 08:00-12:00 UTC, on 2m and 80m bands.
EURAO Newsletter: issue dates
International QSL Service
EuroBureauQSL: entry points
- Argentina: LU1JHF - Casilla de Correos 66 - 3200 Concordia, ER
- Belgium: FRA - Jean-Marie T'Jaeckx - Perrebroekstraat 16 - B-9200 Dendermonde [web]
- France: Bureau QSL ANRPFD - Jacques Parmantier - 52, Rue Le Corbusier - F-42100 Saint-Étienne [web]
- India: VU2BK - MHRC - Brahma Kumaris, Shantivan Campus - Dist. Sirohi, 307510 Rajasthan [web]
- Ireland: EI9HQB - Paul Raftery - Ballybride - F42TK49 Roscommon
- Italy: IW2ETR - Paolo Fiorelli - Via Monsignor Danieli, 34 - 23017 Morbegno, SO [web]
- Panama: HP1RCP - Radio Club de Panamá - P.O. Box 0819-11334 - Panamá [web]
- Portugal: CT1TGM - TRGM - P.O. Box 497 - P-3001-906 Coimbra [web]
- Romania: YO9RIJ - Petrica Stolnicu - CP 12, Ghiseul 1, Buzau 7 - RO-120340 Buzau
- Russia: RN4HGK - OBSHHESTVO DRUZEJ RADIO - P.O. Box 44 - Tolyatti, Samarskaya oblast, 445050 [web]
- Spain and Andorra: EA3RKF - FEDI-EA - P.O. Box 3050 - E-08200 Sabadell (Barcelona) [web]
- Turkey: YM1KAA - TAMAD - Mimarsinan Mah., Cumhuriyet 2 cad. No 24 Büyükçekmece Etüt ve Sanat Merkezi (Eski Belediye Binasi) - Büyükçekmece/Istanbul [web]
- Uruguay: CX5A - Radiogrupo Sur - P.O. Box 950 - 11000 Montevideo [web]
- USA: W2EN - Douglas Rue - 21 Jeffrey Court - Somerville, NJ 08876
- Venezuela: YV4VV - Radio Club Valencia - P.O. Box 510 - 2001 Valencia, CA [web]