The European Radio Amateurs' Organization
announces a new party on the air, this time with the motto: "hunting SES".
Remember this is not a contest, it is just a radio meeting with a few simple 'rules', better to call them recommendations.
Purpose: SES, special event stations, are very common throughout the year on the air but more especially at this time.
They consist of special callsigns on the occasion of special commemorations, significant anniversaries or extraordinary events. They can be about Christmas, the World Day of something or an emblematic place.
In any case, it is a matter of being attentive, contacting that station and writing it down in the log.
Date & time: from December 15th, 2021, to January 15th, 2022, 00:00-24:00 UTC.
Bands & modes: all modes and frequencies, mainly in HF bands, but not only.
CQ EURAO Party" (listen the call of the SES).
Exchange: the usual RS(T) and callsign are required.
Logs: for statistic purposes only, we ask participants to submit their logs to
firstname.lastname@example.org in ADIF format, where the filename should be your callsign (e.g. EA3RKF.ADI).
There will be no results or league tables, only statistical information about number of QSOs, countries, callsigns, OMs/YLs/Clubs, etc.
Certificate of Participation: for all those sending the log and without a minimum of confirmed QSOs.
EuroBureauQSL: you can use it to interchange QSLs even if you are not member. In this case, just send the QSL
to the entry point in the country of the station you have contacted.
Amateur Radio News... (cont.)
To the prudence of the previous year, avoiding direct personal contact, in this edition we have added opening the Assembly to members, friends and supporters,
as in fact we already did with local radio amateurs when the meetings were face-to-face, going beyond the exclusive meeting of last year with only the directors of our member associations.
The Assembly was a great success.
About our members...
RCSD, ON6SD, just founded this 2021, is a club located in Namur region,
open to all those interested in radio experiments, whether they are listeners, cibists, dx'ers or radio amateurs, with no elitism.
Their ideas: promote amateur radio, the development of technical knowledge, writing articles and social meetings, help the population, etc.
RCSD became member club of EURAO to promote and share its activities and knowledge.
News in brief
- OS: special Belgian prefix: until December 12, 2021, when it will be the 120th anniversary of the first transatlantic
radio transmission by Guglielmo Marconi.
- CISAR's Annual Assembly: December 12, 2021, from 8:30 UTC, on-line on its own platform:
- Technical Fridays - EURAO presentation: December 17, 21:00 UTC, via Zoom.
Organized by Associação de Radioamadores da Região de Lisboa, CS5LX.
EURAO Newsletter: issue dates
International QSL Service
EuroBureauQSL: entry points
- Argentina: LU1JHF - Casilla de Correos 66 - 3200 Concordia, ER
- Belgium: FRA - Jean-Marie T'Jaeckx - Perrebroekstraat 16 - B-9200 Dendermonde
- France: Bureau QSL ANRPFD - Jacques Parmantier - 52, Rue Le Corbusier - F-42100 Saint-Étienne
- India: VU2BK - MHRC - Brahma Kumaris, Shantivan Campus - Dist. Sirohi, 307510 Rajasthan
- Ireland: EI9HQB - Paul Raftery - Ballybride - F42TK49 Roscommon
- Italy: IW2ETR - Paolo Fiorelli - Via Monsignor Danieli, 34 - 23017 Morbegno, SO
- Panama: HP1RCP - Radio Club de Panamá - P.O. Box 0819-11334 - Panamá
- Romania: YO9RIJ - Petrica Stolnicu - CP 12, Ghiseul 1, Buzau 7 - RO-120340 Buzau
- Spain and Andorra: EA3RKF - FEDI-EA - P.O. Box 3050 - E-08200 Sabadell (Barcelona)
- Uruguay: CX5A - Radiogrupo Sur - P.O. Box 950 - 11000 Montevideo
- USA: W2EN - Douglas Rue - 21 Jeffrey Court - Somerville, NJ 08876
- Venezuela: YV4VV - Radio Club Valencia - P.O. Box 510 - 2001 Valencia, CA